The Planning Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m. During November and December meetings are changed to the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m to accommodate for the holiday season.
The Planning Commission can be directly contacted by emailing the Planning Commission Chair, Jenni Lavoie at email@example.com
The Better Connections Grant (Village to Village project) awarded to Danville in 2018, has been completed.
The town was provided a 12-month priority action list that the Planning Commission is currently working through.
- Work with NVDA and VTrans to reconfigure the Park & Ride in West Danville.
- Test advisory shoulders on Peacham Road. – Completed
- Apply for Conditions Assessment and Feasibility Study for Train Station improvements.
- Install a demonstration project in the parking area in West Danville.
- Establish small event programming at the Train Station.
- Design and install a wayfinding signage system for the LVRT.
Better Connections Master Plan (click link to be redirected)
Train Station Sub-Committee
The Planning Commission has organized a Train Station Sub-Committee. The sub-committee has been tasked with obtaining funding for the Conditions Assessment and Feasibility Study, and moving the restoration and reimaging of the Train Station and associated property forward.
The sub-committee will meet monthly, and public participation is encouraged and welcomed. If you would like more information, please contact Chair Michael Hogue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Train Station Committee Agendas/Minutes go to: https://www.danvillevermont.org/meetings/201-2/danville-train-station-committee/
PLANNING COMMISSION TERM & MEMBERS
2022 Jenni Lavoie, Chair – email@example.com
2023 Kate Whitehead, Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 Jeff Paquet
2022 Glenn Herrin, Vice Chair
2023 Vincent Foy
2022 Michael Hogue
2024 Mark Nicholson
The Danville Planning Commission proposed a new Town Plan which has been approved and replaces the expired 2011 plan.