The Town Clerk’s Office is located in the Danville Town Hall at 36 Route 2 West

We are open 8 to 4 Monday through Friday and are open through the Noon Hour.

Wendy Somers – Town Clerk/Treasurer –

Sharon Daniell – Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurer –

Land and Vital Records

Land, birth, death, marriage and burial records are recorded on a continual basis since 1796 to the present. Card indexes are kept current to simplify research by attorneys, paralegals, appraisers, real estate agents, as well as those interested in genealogy. Survey maps of some parcels, as well as tax maps, are also available for review.

Minutes of Town Meetings, Select Board, School Board and other town boards are also kept in the vault.

Dog Licensing

By Vermont law, all dogs in town must be licensed with the clerk on or before April l. New residents have 30 days to license their dogs. For those getting a new dog, it must be licensed once it reaches the age of 6 months. A current rabies certificate must be kept on file in our office.

License fees are $9.00 for neutered/spayed dogs and $13.00 for intact dogs. After April 1, the fee is increased to $11.00/$17.00.

Laws regarding Pet Breeder and Pet Dealer licenses have recently changed. If you think you may qualify for either of these, please contact us and we will try to help you determine your eligibility.

Dogs can be licensed anytime between January 1 and April 1. If it is inconvenient to come in, please send the appropriate fee, current rabies certificate and a self-addressed, stamped envelope with .69 postage.

Town of Danville Dog Ordinance

Civil Marriage Licenses

The cost is $60.00 for the license and an additional $10.00 for a certified copy.

Our office strongly suggests that both applicants be present to obtain the license.

Click below for a copy of the Civil Marriage Application:

Marriage License Application

What you need to know about getting a civil marriage license:

getting_married_in_vermont_frequently asked questions


State elections are held on a biennial basis on even numbered years. Federal elections are held on a quadrennial basis on even numbered years. They are held in the Danville Town Hall. The polls are open from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.

Town Meeting is held annually on the first Tuesday of March at the Danville School beginning at 10 a.m. Budget voting is done by Australian Ballot and the polls remain open until 7 p.m.

Residents wishing to be added to the checklist may do so by completing an Application for Addition to the Checklist. Click below for an Voter Registration Application

Property Tax Payments

Current year property taxes payments may be made in person at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular office hours. Payments may also be made through the mail. The usual deadline is October 25; however, when that date is on a weekend, the next Monday will be the deadline. This year taxes will be due on October 25, 2017. Money must be in the hands of the Treasurer by 6:00 on the due date or the taxes will become delinquent and penalty and interest will incur.


Utility Payments

Sewer and Water payments are due biannually with the first payment due June 30 and the second due December 31. For one family residences, the charge is currently $150.00 for sewer and $200.00 for water. The water is payable to the Danville Fire District #1. Sewer is payable to the Town of Danville.

We are not able to research individual information. The records are open for your personal research during regular office hours.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Please call us (684-3352) if you have a question and we will do our best to find an answer for you.

Town Hall Holidays

The Town Clerk’s office closes to observe the following holidays:  New Year, President’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas