Marriage Licenses

A resident of any town in Vermont must get their Marriage License from the Town Clerk of that town. In the event that both parties reside in separate towns within the state, they may obtain the license in either town.

Out of state parties wishing to marry in Vermont may obtain their license from any Town Clerk within the State. The license DOES NOT need to be obtained in the town in which the marriage takes place.

Getting Married in Vermont~ what I need to know

Information for Temporary Officiants

Completing the Civil Marriage Certificate (for officiants)

Justices of the Peace are: Eric Bach, Ted Houle, Virginia Incerpi, Dianne Langmaid, Jane Larrabee, Justin Lavely, Kenneth Linsley, Bruce Melendy,  Robert Sargent and Phyllis Sweeney.


Note: State law requires that town clerk’s satisfy themselves that you are both free to marry under Vermont laws. In Danville, both applicants should be present when obtaining their marriage license. Our Office hours are 8-4, Monday through Friday.